Delivering fender support for NATO vessels
In September 2014, Fendercare Marine provided fendering support to a flotilla of NATO warships in the Port of Cardiff during the NATO summit.
A flotilla of warships from NATO countries moored in the Port of Cardiff for the duration of the NATO summit in Newport. Fendercare Marine provided pneumatic fenders for the two largest vessels – the French anti-submarine frigate La Motte-Picquet and the Royal Navy’s newest warship, the Type 45 destroyer HMS Duncan.
- 16 Yokohama pneumatic fenders (2.0m dia. x 3.5m long) used on Type 45 destroyer HMS Duncan
- 8 Yokohama pneumatic fenders (3.3m dia. x 6.5m long) used on French anti-submarine frigate La Motte-Picquet
- Provision of high quality fender products with zero defects
- Meeting extremely stringent technical requirements set by MoD
- Service-led approach
“I would like to take this opportunity to offer my gratitude for the support that all those at Fendercare provided to my men and women on the ground in support of the NATO Warships visiting Cardiff for the recent NATO summit. The opportunity to be part of this visit, led by HMS Duncan, has been the result of several months planning and, as you will be instinctively aware, the occasion has been deemed a resounding success. The final result was in no small part due to the hard work and commitment from yourself and all those at Fendercare.
I am exceptionally grateful for the support offered by your team throughout both the planning phase and execution in recent weeks and days. Your positive and flexible approach to dealing with the unusual requirements of 6 warships entering a commercial dock ensured that both HMS Duncan and La Motte-Picquet achieved a safe and faultless arrival and departure.”
- Commodore AJG Miller CBE, Royal Navy