Providing Wello Penguin WEC with equipment and support
The Wello Penguin WEC is connected to a mooring system on the Billia Croo test site. The actual installation of the Wello Penguin WEC took only 36 hours and was conducted by a Multicat vessel assisted by a harbour tug.
In summer 2012, Fendercare Marine provided key support to the successful Wello Penguin Wave Energy Converter (WEC) installation in Orkney, Lyness. A range of services were delivered during installation demonstrating their ability to support pre-commercial and commercial array installation.
The Wello Penguin WEC is a unique and patented construction to harvest ocean energy. It is based on industry standard components, including a generator typically used by wind turbines, to allow scalable manufacturing by virtually any shipyard using existing manufacturing processes.
- Shoreside support from Lyness base
- Project management
- Labour support
- Final ballasting and mooring equipment supply
- Benefits Delivered
- Project integration - one supplier
- Delivered on time to budget
- Initial results confirmed efficient rotating movement of the Wello Penguin WEC in smaller waves than first anticipated