- James Fisher's Summer 2017 Pelican newsletter featuring Fendercare Marine
- Ensuring fresh drinking water for Ghanaian communities
- Join Fendercare Marine at Seawork 2017
- James Fisher Pelican newsletter - spring 2017
- James Fisher 2016 financial report
- Fendercare secures Asia Pacific port deal
- Fendercare Marine at Gastech 2017
- Panama Canal: upgraded deck and mooring equipment now required
- Major floating hose contract for TEN oil field
- Shark Watch: Intelligent buoys boost protection
- Bespoke quayside fender system supplied at La Spezia Port
- Fendercare Marine enjoys success in Asia
- Excellence certificate for ship-to-ship operations
- Ship-to-ship success in Brazil
- It’s an LNG STS first in Gibraltar
- Celebrating 20 years of ship-to-ship
- Great Yarmouth offshore wind turbine support base official opening
- Performing first ship-to-ship transfer off Ireland
- Blastgreen completes underwater blasting at UK oil terminal
- Supplying pneumatic fenders for FSRU Toscana
- Mooring buoys delivered to Serco
- Completion of offshore buoy recovery contract
- New range of distributed buoyancy modules for offshore sector
- $29 million hydro-pneumatic fender contract with US Navy
- Exclusive agency agreement signed with Maritim Trading AS
- Full membership accreditation from IMCA
- Celebrating 25 years as global marine services supplier
- Supplying complete fender systems with East Coast Charters
- Major Yokohama fender contract signed with Eastport UK
- New regional head office announced for Sharjah
- Providing support services for Gas Major's LNG STS operations
- Major fendering contract with UK MOD
- Celebrating the official opening of Sharjah head office
- New marine services base opens in Ghana
- Hosting open day for Great Yarmouth base extension
- New Crosby stock availability as part of distributor partnership
- National Association of Testing Authorities accreditation
- Praise for NATO summit fendering support
- Launching rope splicing service in Asia Pacific
- Diving services support for Liverpool Bay offshore installation
- BAE Systems contract to support River Class Batch 2 programme
- Providing wet blast facilities for Defence Support Group
- Providing support to Shell’s FLNG Prelude
- Successfully completing UXO operation
- Agreement confirmed with Dantec UK for Singapore
- Blastgreen win contract with USL StructureCare
- Global framework agreement with Gunnebo Industries
- DNV GL accreditation for offshore service containers
- Fendercare Marine supply hoses for HMS Queen Elizabeth refuel
Fendercare Marine ensures fresh drinking water for Ghanaian communities.
Successful borehole installations demonstrate Fendercare Marine’s commitment to CSR.
Working in collaboration with Bayfield Oil Services, Fendercare Marine Ghana (a part of James Fisher and Sons plc) has been involved in the provision and installation of two manual boreholes for the Obrayebona and Dominase communities based in the Mpohor District of the Western Region of Ghana.
The project came about in response to concerns over high levels of water contamination thought to have been caused by illicit mining. Recognising the health, environmental and social implications of such pollution, Fendercare Marine resolved to help provide access to safe drinking water.
The two boreholes, valued at $8,800, were donated to ensure potable water for the local farming communities and to reduce the amount of time children spent searching for suitable drinking water which was detracting from their academic studies.
Fendercare Marine’s vision is that indigenes will continue to benefit from the donation over the long term.
Commenting on the project, Noah Agbedor, Fendercare Marine Ghana’s general manager, stated:
The provision of the boreholes was part of the company's ongoing corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts in the region. As part of its CSR policy, Fendercare has also promoted sporting activities in the Kentan traditional area by donating footballs to 24 schools in the last two months
Visit the James Fisher website for more information on our CSR values.