- Fendercare announces new Angolan joint-venture with local company, Friburge Oil & Gas
- Fendercare Marine awarded supply contract for the Royal Navy’s Type 31 Frigate programme
- Cambodia’s maiden Apsara oil field, operated by KrisEnergy, comes on stream with assistance from James Fisher Offshore Terminal Services
- Establishment of Fendercare Division within James Fisher and Sons plc
National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation
Fendercare Marine Australia is proud to announce the NATA accreditation of its Henderson base.
National Association of Testing Authorities accreditation has been granted for the following areas:
- Magnetic particle testing
- Mechanical testing
- Electromagnetic examination of materials
- Visual assessment of materials, during service life, for defined service applications
- Lifting gear, tensioning and staying systems
- Force measurements and weighing
The National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia (NATA) provides a foundation for confidence in Australia's calibration, testing, and inspection activities. NATA technical auditing (accreditation) also underpins the certification of a range of products and services. NATA adds value to thousands of such services in business, industry and government, both in Australia and internationally.
Fendercare Marine Australia rope and rigging supervisor, Stuart Rennie, commented;
"Receiving this accreditation confirms our commitment to safe and sustainable procedures. It is a vote of confidence in the best practices we adopt and further supports our position as a key supplier to the energy industry."
Since its inception in 1988, Fendercare Marine has rapidly expanded to become one of the world’s foremost suppliers of marine products and services. In 2005, Fendercare Marine became a part of James Fisher and Sons plc, a leading provider of marine services with extensive experience in the marine and offshore industries worldwide.
In 2010, Fendercare Marine opened its first base in Australia and created its Lifting and Testing Services Division in 2013 to further support its position as one of Australia’s leading suppliers to the offshore oil and gas industry.